Many of you wouldn’t have even heard of pomegranate green tea. But pomegranate green tea has several health benefits and is generally a good choice of beverage to have. The pomegranate green tea mix comes packed with a double dose of health. The pomegranate juice benefits or the health benefits, and those of green tea, are not something new. Now think of them together and imagine how much energy and health would come packed in this formula. Want to know what some of the health benefits of pomegranate green tea are? Read on:
Pomegranate Green Tea – Health Benefits
Reduces Blood Pressure
- Pomegranate green tea contains B vitamins that help in cell metabolism.
- It destroys free radicals.
- It contains Beta Carotenes which help to increase one’s immunity and prevent the influx of several diseases.
- Pomegranate green tea helps to cure heart diseases.
Pomegranate Green Tea – Recipes
Now that you know what some of the pomegranate green tea benefits are, let us look at the different recipes for the same:
Pomegranate Green Tea – Recipe One
- Pomegranate Juice (3 Cups)
- Tea Bags (7)
- Honey (2 Tbs)
- Orange Juice (½ Cup)
- Orange Slice (optional)
- Boil water in a pan.
- Once done, add the tea bags and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Now remove the tea bags and add the pomegranate and orange juice in, along with the honey.
- Mix well and serve.
- This recipe serves 6.
Pomegranate Green Tea – Recipe Two
Some people prefer to have a chilled drink. Here’s a recipe for that.
- Water (1 Quart)
- Tea Bags (8)
- Honey (2 Tbs)
- Pomegranate Juice (1-2 Cups)
- Ice Cubes
- Boil water then removes from the stove and add the tea bags.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then remove the bags and refrigerate.
- Put ice cubes in a glass at the halfway mark and add one cup of ice tea and ½ cup of pomegranate juice.
- Garnish according to individual taste and add a sweetener if necessary.
- This will make for a 12-ounce serving.
Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo
Not only is pomegranate ice tea mix used for consumption, but it is also used in making shampoos. The shampoos made from this ingredient are infused with anti-oxidant rich formulas that help to strengthen brittle hair and make it strong. It also eliminates dry hair and gives the hair brilliance and shine.
Now that you know what the pomegranate green tea benefits are and how they are beneficial not only in consumption but also other factors, I’m sure you’ll try some today!
Pomegranate syrup is widely used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine and its tangy flavor and rich ruby color make it an excellent ingredient for cocktails and martinis. You can also use pomegranate syrup to impart a unique flavor to your everyday home cooking.
Recipes with Pomegranate Syrup
Pomegranate Syrup Recipe from Scratch
- 3 cups pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups of water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
In a zip lock bag, place the 3 cups of pomegranate seeds and mash the seeds with a rolling pin. Transfer the mashed pomegranate seeds, juice and water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and strain the mixture through a sieve to get pure pomegranate juice. Now in another medium-sized saucepan, combine the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and lemon zest and simmer until the mixture has reduced to half and it has a syrup-like consistency. Strain the syrup and transfer it into a clean glass bottle when cooled. This pomegranate syrup can be stored up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Pomegranate Syrup Martini
- 3 cups vodka
- ⅓ cup dry vermouth
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup pomegranate syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A few ice cubes
Pour out the powdered sugar on a tray and moisten the rim of the martini glasses with water. Invert the glass over the powdered sugar to coat the rim of the glasses and then set them aside.
Take a martini shaker and combine the vodka, dry vermouth, pomegranate syrup. Add the ice cubes and lemon juice and shake the martini shaker well. Pour the pomegranate martini into the martini glasses and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Pomegranate Syrup Cocktail
- ½ cup pomegranate syrup
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Cointreau
- 6 cups of champagne or sparkling wine
- 1-inch ginger, sliced thinly
Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with some ice cubes and give it a good shake. Strain the cocktail and discard ginger slices. Serve pomegranate syrup drink recipe in cocktail glasses garnished with a wedge of lime and pomegranate seeds.
Pomegranate Syrup Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Combine the pomegranate syrup, olive oil, white wine vinegar along with the chopped shallots and whole grain mustard in a small jar. Cover the lid of the jar and shake well. Add the salt and the freshly ground pepper and transfer the pomegranate syrup dressing to a small bowl. This dressing goes well with a heart shredded lamb salad or any green salad.
So these were some recipes that use pomegranate syrup. If you are out of pomegranate syrup and a recipe specifically calls for it then you can use different pomegranate syrup substitutes. The best pomegranate syrup substitute that can be used for salad dressings is cranberry juice concentrate or a combination of lemon juice and honey. For marinating meats you can use diluted date preserve with a bit of lemon juice. The homemade version of the pomegranate syrup is much better than the bottled one and you can make many different dishes with it.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate fruit has become extremely popular worldwide for its delicious taste and medicinal properties. Originally, the fruit was grown in Asia and the Middle East region. It is also called Granada or the Chinese apple. Nowadays, pomegranate is also grown in Africa and the United States. It is best cultivated in the hot climate. A peculiar feature of a pomegranate tree is that it can live for many years.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
- The most important benefit of pomegranate juice is its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants control the harmful effects of free radicals in the body. Pomegranate juice contains an abundant amount of polyphenols like hydrolyzable tannins, which can also eliminate free radicals from the body.
- Pomegranate juice can be used as a blood thinner (increases blood supply to the heart). It also reduces plaque build-up in the arteries and minimizes the risk of atherosclerosis. It lowers the levels of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) and increases HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol). Thus, pomegranate juice improves heart health.
- Due to its antioxidant nature, pomegranate juice is helpful in fighting certain types of cancer such as breast cancer and skin cancer. It is also effective in slowing the growth of prostate cancer.
- Pomegranate juice acts as an enzyme inhibitor and prevents cartilage damage. It controls the degeneration of cartilage and can be used to treat osteoarthritis.
- You can use pomegranate juice to improve the digestive health, by enhancing the secretion of the enzymes. It is one of the best home remedies for dysentery, diarrhea, and intestinal parasites. It can also be used to treat piles. Pomegranate acts as a laxative and can be used to relieve constipation. In case of loss of appetite, pomegranate juice can be consumed to enhance the appetite.
- Pomegranate juice is the best remedy to relieve anemia. Due to its high iron content, it helps increase the hemoglobin levels in the blood.
- Because of its high content of vitamin C, pomegranate juice acts as an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. It can be used to treat cough, sore throat as well as wheezing due to asthma.
With its numerous health benefits, pomegranate juice is no doubt a healthy drink in the true sense. Daily consumption of a glassful of pomegranate juice, is a great way to achieve health and wellness.