The word ‘Cranberry’ was coined by European settlers in America, who thought that the plant that bore its fruit resembled the bill, neck, and head of a crane. Cranberries can be used in sauces and juices. People who celebrate Thanksgiving, use cranberry sauce as an essential ingredient when it comes to cooking traditional banquets.
It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, termed often as a ‘superfruit’ for its varied benefits. The cranberry juice calories add up to about 50, in a one-cup serving. Featured here are the details revolving around this not so famous fruit, that is slowly gaining recognition for aiding many health-related problems. Find out how cranberry juice can nurture your health in many ways.
Nutritional Information of Cranberry Juice
Given here are the nutritional chart on cranberries, where its essentials nutrients, minerals, and vitamins are valued in grams, international units, micrograms, and milligrams.
|Calories||50 (one cup)|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.052 g|
|Total Fat||0.12 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.017 g|
|Vitamin C||12.6 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.054 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0 mcg|
|Vitamin A||57 IU|
|Beta Carotene||36 mcg|
|Vitamin E||1/20 mg|
|Vitamin A||57 IU|
Health Benefits of Cranberry Juice
The cranberry juice benefits target different problems that a person may experience. It can curb different diseases and illnesses, keeping you healthier as time passes. Here’s giving you a list of cranberry health benefits, that are sure to get your attention.
- Protects one from macular degeneration, an eye problem that develops with old age.
- Prevents kidney stones formation due to its acid content called guinea, which is abundant in cranberries.
- Decreases the formation of dental plaque, as cranberry juice reduces bacteria growth that causes plaque to stick to one’s teeth. It, therefore, protects one from tooth decay and gum disease.
- Cranberry juice helps to fight against the herpes virus, which is a sexually transmitted disease. It represses the virus from multiplying, as cranberry juice is packed with the proanthocyanidin compound, making it difficult for the virus to penetrate through cell structures.
- It lowers bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol levels.
- Prevents stomach related problems like eliminating the H.pylori virus that can cause stomach ulcers.
- Cranberry juice consists of hippuric acid that can acidify urine, preventing bacteria from sticking to the bladder’s walls, this eventually prevents a possible Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). If the juice is taken on a regular basis, it is also known to prevent a cystitis infection.
- The consumption of cranberry juice is known to be beneficial in providing relief against a sore throat or a cold.
- It can help people who want to shed calories since it aids one in its emulsifying effect on fat deposits.
- Repairs damage caused by free radicals on one’s cardiovascular system, because of the presence of antioxidants.
- Some companies add more calcium to cranberry juice so that it helps in strengthening bones and teeth.
- It is known to control respiratory and ear infections in kids.
Cranberry juice is unmistakably a juice that is saturated with benefits that are long-lasting and effectual. I hope you start your day with a nice glass of cranberry juice, to give your day a vigorous start. Have a healthy tomorrow.