Table of Contents
Cranberry Health Benefits
Did you know that cranberries had health benefits?
If you do not know then do not worry because it is a new thing, in fact, a new characteristic of cranberry that has been recently discovered. So here we would discuss cranberries and the health benefits that they have apart from being food preservative and dye for fabrics. Cranberries are small fruits, which belong to the family of bilberries, and blueberries and they grow on climber vines, mostly in temperate regions. It is said if the cranberry is eaten whole or the juice is not sweetened. The constituents of cranberry that are beneficial for health are as follows:
- NDM (non-dialyzable material)
These ingredients of cranberry make it really helpful and curative without any side effects. Let us discuss how these ingredients help in fighting different diseases.
Curative Powers of Cranberry
Cranberry Health Benefits
- The major health benefit of cranberry is its role in providing relief from the problems and ailments of the urinary tract since this fruit has an ingredient called Proanthocyanidins, which prevents the bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract thus helping us to get rid of the urinary ailments. E. coli bacteria which causes the ailments of the urinary tract have a certain shape that makes it easier for them to stick to the track but then these Proanthocyanidins make sure that the shape of the bacteria is changed so that they cannot regain the way of sticking themselves to the tract. Therefore these bacteria can neither affect the urinary tract neither the bladder nor the uterus or for that matter, these bacteria can no longer affect the human body. It has also been discovered that cranberries have another similar power of not letting bacteria adhere to even teeth or stomach lining.
- Being a fruit cranberry contains antioxidants, which are actually antioxidant phenols and have flavonoids, which defend the human body against common cardiovascular diseases and atherosclerosis. Cranberries prevent blood clotting as well as consequent heart attacks. They help the body in the same way and provide the body with similar nutrients as spinach or grapes or any green vegetable. Cranberries also prevent the growth of ulcers and tumors in the stomach, lymph or lung.
- Cranberries are also beneficial in the prevention of cancer since it has Proanthocyanidins, which behave like anti-carcinogenic agents and work in a similar way.
- These fruits also have powers to protect us from harmful viruses apart from bacteria as they can fight the simplex-2 virus, which is responsible for causing ulcers, inflammation of the brain and genital sores.
- Cranberries also have Vitamin C, which is nutritious for health and initially was believed to be a destroyer of bacteria.
- It is also said that cranberries help in the sharpening of the memory and save from various forms of neurological damages as well.
- Cranberries also have the potential to stop the development of kidney stones because of the presence of Quinic acid, which is found in abundance in cranberries.
- Cranberries also help to stop or reduce the effects of aging.