Table of Contents
Cherry is a fleshy, smooth, drupe fruit, having a single seed and a weak groove. It is native to the Northern Hemisphere and flourishes well in a temperate climate. It belongs to the family Rosaceae and the genus Prunus also shares some traits with peaches, almonds, apricots, and plums. The fruit is cultivated in different varieties like the wild cherry, sweet cherry, and the tart cherry.
The fruit is mainly grown for consumption and is well-known for its delicious and healthy juice. The juice is extracted from the fresh or frozen cherries that are washed, pre-sorted, mashed and depectinized. The extracted juice is well-preserved and undergoes the state of art of microfiltration. Then, the juice is concentrated into a thick syrup and chilled instantly to maintain its fruity freshness.
Benefits of Cherry Juice
The fruit is low in calories, natural sugar and is a rich source of vitamin A, fiber, potassium, vitamin C and E. In addition, it is a natural source of melatonin, bioflavonoid, anthocyanin, perillic and ellagic acid. There are many benefits associated with the cherry juice, some of them are as follows:
- Cherry juice is loaded with antioxidants that are essential for battling harmful free radicals or unstable molecules responsible for cell damage in the human body. These radicals can eventually lead to cancer or atherosclerosis.
- Cherry juice comprises of a compound called anthocyanins, which not only gives cherries their red color but are also helps fight colon cancer, stroke risk and heart attacks. These pigments help the body relieve inflammation and also slow down the aging process.
- Research reveals that regular consumption of cherry juice in your daily diet helps in the treatment and prevention of organ cancers.
- It lowers the level of uric acid in the blood. Excess uric acid in the blood can lead to gout pain. Hence, reduction in its level provides relief from the discomfort and pain associated with gout.
- Cherry juice acts as an excellent remedy for relieving pain related to arthritis, as compared to other pain-relieving equivalents like aspirin or ibuprofen. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help relieve the symptoms of chronic arthritis. To a certain extent, it also provides free movement in arthritis affected knees, shoulders, hips, fingers, hands, elbows, wrists, ankles, back or any other joints.
- It is low in fat and high in water content. Regular intake of the juice helps to boost energy levels and enhance body metabolism for effective weight loss. It is optimum for potential fat burn and blood pressure regulation.
- High potassium content in the cherry juice controls the water retention and helps in the intervention of autoimmune neuro-degenerative ailments and some connective tissue diseases. It is also being used as a natural remedy for Fibromyalgia Syndrome and certain physiological problems.
- Cherries and its juice have been used to make baked foods, candies, and canned pie fillings.
However, to ensure that you get all the benefits of cherry juice, always buy a brand with no preservatives or other fruit juices blended in. A glass of cherry juice in your morning meals will eventually help you to reap the various health benefits of this amazing fruit.